Monday, November 3, 2008

Progress and Presents

Well baby... things are slowly progressing. Which, is probably the speed that I'm comfortable with right now. On Friday I was dilated to a 3 minus (just about a 3), 80% effaced and still at a -3 station, but baby is 'well engaged' and still head down, so I'm sure you'll stay that way.

You also received a LOT of wonderful gifts from thoughtful friends and family. I didn't want to buy much of anything until I had a couple of showers, and November 1st was a day of showers. I think we're set on newborn diapers and ducky outfits. That must be the clothing item of choice for 'gender neutral' babies. We started making a short list of things to fill in the blanks of items we need at the beginning, so I'll work on that next week. To be honest, we've got diapers, a car seat, and some onesies, so you'll survive for a while.

We're getting very excited to meet you and introduce you to... everything and everyone, I guess. I'm also very glad because I'm sure you are getting to know you're Grandma Petersen before you arrive. She was really looking forward to meeting you, in fact, maybe she was a little too impatient and wanted to meet you before any of us! Tell her that we love and miss her, and we're glad that she's finally with Grandpa again.

No comments: