Saturday, July 20, 2013

The Lagoon

The Lagoon -your words, not mine.  You've been excited for the week, or whenever I told you we were going.  I was nervous, as I am with a lot of things I'm doing this year on my own, but it went great.  

We got there right when it opened, at 10.  I didn't forget our tickets (like last year) but you did manage to spill on your shirt while walking to the van (like last year).  Grandma Hardcastle helped wash it and it dried while sticking out of the passenger side window (like last year).  


It was just the three of us for the first hour, and we made it through almost the whole row of kiddie rides before 11.  










Around 11 we met up with Mimi and Papa and Skyler (Ethan was at scout camp) and went on a few more kiddie rides and the get wet rides.  We got wet.  It was okay, in my old(er) age I care less about my hair and make-up and I tried to wear clothes that would dry quickly.  You LOVED getting splashed (Kate not so much).  




We ate our lunch and then took Skyler with us to Lagoon a Beach.  No pictures here.  We saw Laila and Nolan for a few minutes too.  

After the water park we met up with everyone, including Kris and Konner.  We went on another few rides, the last one being the super boring and super high Ferris Wheel.  You were tired and hot, and you and Kate were asleep before we hit the freeway.  



In addition to The Lagoon, we stopped by the Petersen 24th of July (yes, it's not actually the 24th of July) BBQ at Annie and Ross' house (Elliot and Wyatt).  You could have played another 5 hours here, I'm sure.

And tomorrow we have another full day of church and dinner at the Hardcastle's.  Busy and fun weekend!

No comments: