Thursday, March 31, 2011

Progress

Most of the transitions in your life (learning to fall asleep, transitioning to the toddler bed, then your big bed, even the arrival of your sister) have gone better than I expected.

I can't say that about saying goodbye to Buddy.

It's getting much better at night, nothing was as bad as that first night. That first night was horrid. You had one other really bad night where you fell asleep okay, but then woke up around 1 am and couldn't get back to sleep.

Daytime naps have been really rough. You've skipped a few in the past week, and we all get to suffer for that one. But, it is getting better, and I expect that it will continue to get better. We hear Buddy's name less and less, and once we remind you we don't have Buddy anymore, you get over it pretty quickly.

Car rides and stroller rides are better than I expected, and as soon as you can let yourself fall asleep during the day, we should be back to 'normal'.

I almost think that is pretty sad too... I miss Buddy a little too. But, not as much as you, of course!

























No comments: