Thursday, March 24, 2011

Goodbye Buddy

It's for real this time. I gathered up all of our buddies (there were only 4 left, and one still had it's nose sewn down -so I was doing laundry EVERY SINGLE DAY so we'd have a clean one when you went down for your nap and for bed) and put them in a sack. I meant to send them home with my mom, so Justin and I don't have the option of giving in, but I forgot.

My mom and I took Hyrum to Build-a-Bear and he picked out a monkey, George. I've been telling him for a couple of days that we wouldn't have Buddy around anymore. He seemed okay about it. I've left Buddy home a couple of times when we went somewhere, and he did okay. He had Buddy for his nap today, and now we just put him to bed.

It's not going well. He really loves his Buddy. But, we've been sick three times right on top of each other. And he has a constant rash on his face from being wet in this weather. It's just time. I keep telling myself that, but it's not quite drowning out the screaming coming from his bedroom.

This is going to be a long couple of days.

No comments: