Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Do the (clap, clap) potty dance!

You can file the picture under "Things I wish my mom didn't take pictures of".

We're potty training.

The first time we tried, we tried to do nothing but potty training for 3 days. We lasted 2 and a half. I'm trying to have a 'slow and steady wins the race' attitude this time.

We started Saturday, and had our first (and second) successes today.

We're definitely still having far more accidents than successes, but we're at least making some progress. And the best part is, neither one of us are too frustrated at this point. It will probably take some time, but I think in the near (or at least not TOO distant future) we'll be seeing your cute little butt in underwear full time.

Oh -and technology is great! There is (of course) an app for potty training. It has -I kid you not- a music video of a potty dance song, and you love it. Plus, it's 2 minutes long, so whenever you sit on the potty you watch it at least once, allowing more time to ... you know, go potty! Plus, it's so cute to hear you say "I'm a big kid now", Pull-ups tag line.

1 comment:

Melissa and Brooklynn said...

I totally feel for you right now...we're doing that too. LOL. Hopefully your little guy gets it sooner than my little peanut!! Good luck :)