Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Too close for comfort

This could explain any number of feelings lately.

However... I am due in 7 weeks, which seems awfully soon. In a week or two, if I were to go into labor, they would do nothing to stop it. That's right... I could have a baby at anytime. Which, although you have 9 or so months to prepare for it, seems a little weird. We've got just about all of the 'big' stuff (still haven't bought our recliner or a pump) and after a couple of baby showers at the beginning of next month, we'll probably have most of the small stuff. Or, at least know where we need to fill in the blanks.

Justin is going out of town for a few days at the end of the month. When he made the travel arrangements (for work) it seemed like (to him) it was ages before the due date. But... I'll be 36 weeks by then, and at that point it's anybodys guess. We talked to our birthing class instructor and she will most likely be available if I needed her, and I'm in the process of finding myself a couple of 'babysitters' who want to come and spend the night -just in case!

Baby is still moving around alot- and everything seems right on schedule after our last doctor's appointment. One more this month, and then we start going every week. Which, again, just seems too soon. I suppose the more uncomfortable I get, the more I'll feel ready have this baby here... but right now, I could use a bit more time!

No comments: