Saturday, October 11, 2008

To Be

It's hard to express the complexities of life. Lately I've been thinking about "bringing a child into this world" (oops too late!), and just how difficult an undertaking it will be. Now I'm not talking about diaper changes, sleepless nights, and vomit. I'm talking about learning, developing, and most of all spiritual strength. Our child will be born into a world where the economy is declining (including job loss), a historical election has just ended, we are at war (which people at home don't seem to understand), and moral values are being challenged many times daily.

Luckily, our child's parents have been taught correct principles and strive to live them. With great challenges come opportunity for continued growth - that is the entire plan. I heard a writer's words a couple days ago and he basically said that thinking we can protect our children is a myth we use to cope. I partly believe that. We teach and exemplify and in the end, our children will make their own decisions.

I hope they are good ones.

No comments: