Monday, August 18, 2008

100 Days

According to the ultrasound, the due date is December 3rd, using a calender, it's November 26th, and my medical file has November 28th written on it -just because that's Justin's birthday, and it was close enough.

So... whatever it's worth to put an actual date for when the baby is due... it's in 100 days from now. That's deserving of a post, right?

I wondered if I could make a list of 100 things, either that I'm looking forward to or I'm scared of, or don't want to think of... I'm not sure if I can make it to 100, so , maybe I'll try 10 -10 things I'm looking forward to, and 10 things I'm NOT looking forward to.

First... the 10 things I'm looking forward to in the next 100 days (and maybe a few days following that).

10- Looking more pregnant. When I look at myself, there's no question of whether or not I'm pregnant. However... it still seems to escape some people, and they must just assume I'm fat.

9-Finishing the nursery. I've had fun over the last few months slowly purchasing new furniture and it kind of weird to look into the room now (we used to keep the door shut) and see a crib with bedding in it. Like, all it's missing is a baby or something.

8- I like the reactions we get from people when we tell them we're not finding out what we're having. People closer to our age think we're nuts... and the ones a little older seem to respond by saying, "Good for you".

7- I also kind of like the reactions from people when we mention we are planning on a non-medicated birth. It's always interesting coming from mom's who have been there -I don't think they believe me. I guess we'll find out in a few months.

6- I really like our birthing classes, the instructor and the people in class, so I usually look forward to attending our weekly sessions.

5- Monthly massages from now until the baby is born. I'm spoiled, I know. Who knows... my pregnancy might just END with a massage, because I'm going to try to be induced naturally (using pressure points) if it gets to the point that the baby needs to come out, and my body won't cooperate.

4-Feeling the baby move more and more, and letting other people feel it. I know I've mentioned my issues with people just touching my belly, but I don't seem to mind it when the baby is moving and permission has been granted for touching.

3- I really like my doctor, so I don't mind my monthly appointments. It's always nice to hear the heartbeat and find out that things are going the way we expect them to.

2-People's guesses on the sex of the baby. I've heard it all -and some people are just SO SURE of themselves. For the record, I get more people saying it's a girl than a boy.

1- Having a baby at the end of all of this!


10 Things I'm NOT looking forward to in the next 100 days

10- Swelling -hands, feet, nose, face, other joints. You name it, and I'm assuming it's getting larger as we speak.

9- Decreased energy. I have to take a little rest after going up the stairs even at this point. Pathetic.

8- Breathing difficulty. I enjoy breathing, call me crazy. When you look at pictures of your insides getting all squished up together, it makes me feel claustrophobic.

7- Same goes with the bladder. I've seen the pictures, it's going to get squished.

6- Early morning work schedule and a growing pregnancy. It's pretty tough getting up as early as I have to now at this point... so I don't have high hopes for a month or two from now. Same goes for the 10 hour work day.

5- Inappropriate comments. You've all heard them, I'm mentioned a few, and I'm sure they won't be the last.

4- Fatness. This is different from the swelling, although it's similar. I don't need to explain.

3- Other physical ailments, mostly with my skin. I'm not sure WHAT'S going on with all of my 2,000 parts but it's not pretty, and it seems to be getting worse.

2- I'm afraid that my doctor will be eating her Thanksgiving dinner out of town when I go into labor.

1- Speaking of labor. Just about everything that goes along with it. THIS I could probably list 100 things I'm not looking forward to. There's the ripping, the tearing, the cutting, the pain, the emergencies, the length of it, and any other number of unknown and known things that go along with that.

There's my list. 100 days whether I like it or not, and life as we know it will be forever changed.

No comments: