Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Midweek update

I've been wanting to post with all of our ultrasound pictures, but we haven't got them scanned yet, and Justin just left town. So, it won't happen this week.


The ultrasound was fun on Thursday (July 10th to be exact). Not emotional, but really neat. It was weird seeing the baby on the screen, but it didn't really feel like it was our baby. We've seen so many ultrasound photos that it still didn't seem real. When she started making the baby move around, or we saw the baby react to what the tech was doing, it was pretty cool and seemed a little more real then.


I wondered if it would be hard to NOT see whether it was a boy or a girl, or whether I would really want to know. Turns out we didn't see ANYTHING that resembled... anything, and we didn't seem to NOT see it either. So, it remains a mystery. I didn't have any desire to know. I felt so relieved that the baby was growing, all 4 heart chambers were working properly and everything was coming along fine, that I really felt like it wasn't the right time to know what he or she was anyway. I'm not sure I'll feel that way with other pregnancy's, but this one is really fun not knowing.


I'll add the one photo that we do have on the computer (it happens to be one taken from Justin's cell phone) and hopefully add the rest a little later.


In other news... I am finally feeling the baby move every now and then. I have to be sitting pretty still (which doesn't happen too often) and I'm still not sure every movement is coming from the baby, but he's in there (or is it she?).


Justin's is anxiously looking forward to the time that he can start feeling little kicks, but it hasn't stopped him from trying.

No comments: