Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Jane verses John


I absolutely love not knowing whether we're having a boy or a girl. I think the hardest part was finding baby bedding, but I think I would have tried to get gender-neutral bedding anyway. (It's not going to wear out before baby #2, and it'll be nice to not have to change anything.)

It still surprises me that people are so opinionated about us not finding out (even people that don't know me very well). Some (mostly older people) think it's great, and others... well, others seem genuinely angry or annoyed that we want it to be a surprise. (A surprise with 9-months worth of anticipation, not 20 weeks.)
I also really like it when people guess what we're having. Most of my family think it's going to be a boy (Jodi and Jessica admitted that they want it to be a boy to find out the boys name). My dentist looked into my eyes (the bottom of my eyeballs) and said it was going to be a boy too. I know there are lot of other 'tricks' that I'm sure I'll be a part of to figure out what we're having.

I've been leaning towards boy... until last night. My saw my esthetician (she does my eyebrows) last night and I asked her if she'd find out for me. Jan is awesome when it comes to 'listening' to your body, she's figured out quite a few amazing things about me and my body before any doctor could help out. I've learned a lot of 'alternative' or eastern remedies to help with chronic issues from her. Anyway, after she made my eyebrows look beautiful, she got really close to my belly and 'listened' to the baby. I asked her what I'm having, she wasn't going to tell me, but when I was scheduling my next appointment she let me know that I'm having a girl.

It's still anybody's guess (or anybodys multiple guesses on our poll), if anyone else wants to preform any other 'tests' on my belly to figure out, you're more than welcome.

No comments: