Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Well... that hasn't happened for a while

We had another doctor appointment today -18 weeks. Before each visit (anyone who has been through this would know) you have to... pee in a cup. Something about protein or something. Well, I'm used to going before I leave the office, so I went... and 20 minutes later in the doctor's office... I couldn't produce. I haven't NOT been able to pee for about 4 months, I always have to. So... I visited the drinking fountain about 5 times before being called back to the room, and then drank a few small cups of water from (yuck) the sink in the there. (It's like bathroom sink water -I just can't drink it). I had no problem providing my sample after the visit... and every 30 minutes afterwards for the next 90 minutes.

Other than that... it was a quick, routine visit. I've gained 3 lbs this month (same as last month), and my measurements are right on. We heard the heartbeat again and scheduled our ultrasound for next month. I haven't felt the baby move yet (or recognized it)... but I should start feeling it in the next month.


Head to rump, your baby is about 5 1/2 inches long and he weighs almost 7 ounces. He's busy flexing his arms and legs — movements that you'll start noticing more and more in the weeks ahead. If you're having a boy, his genitals are noticeable now, but he may hide them from you during an ultrasound.
*It's a fact*
At nearly 21 babies for every 1,000 people, Utah has the highest birth rate. Vermont has the lowest at just over ten births per 1,000 people.

No comments: