Sunday, June 1, 2008

The 2nd trimester

So... I've officially entered the 2nd trimester this week. I'm feeling a little less tired and slightly less nauseous. Friday and Saturday night I didn't take the sleeping pill, and had a much better day than the last time I tried not taking it. (Which was Memorial Day, but I had too little sleep and a pretty busy day, so that might be the reason). We also had our 2nd doctor's appointment on May 30th. It was a lot quicker than the first one, but we did hear the heart beat again. It was a little slower than last month, but Dr. Cox said it was still within the normal range. Things seem to be moving along like normal for now.


This week's big developments: Your baby can now squint, frown, grimace, pee, and possibly suck his thumb! Thanks to brain impulses, his facial muscles are getting a workout as his tiny features form one expression after another. His kidneys are producing urine, which he releases into the amniotic fluid around him — a process he'll keep up until birth. He can grasp, too, and if you're having an ultrasound now, you may even catch him sucking his thumb.

1 comment:

The Gough's said...

Ooohhh!! I love it. Sucking his little thumb! Yeah, we think it's a boy, fyi! It freaked me out to think that they are peeing and then swimming around it in...but then I found out (you probably know this) your body replaces that water every few hours or so...(I can't remember exactly). Hence, one reason for you to drink, pee, drink, pee, drink, pee. I love that he is the size of a little lemon and so stinkin cute!!! Kinda makes me want another......niece/nephew:)