Sunday, March 30, 2008

Mum's the word

We found it pretty hard this weekend to keep the baby secret. We went to Grandma Colleen's house because your Great-Grandma Higley was in town. It was announced that Justin's cousin Mandy is pregnant and due in early November. Grandma Colleen looked right at me and said, "I was expecting my first great-grandchild from you." Justin and I looked at each other because it would have been nice to tell her that we won't be far behind. Plus... your Grandpa Scott took some teasing from his younger brother Phil, on becoming a grandpa first.

Afterwards we headed over to Grandma Purple's house to say hello (your great-grandma). As soon as we sat down she said (almost yelled), "Congratulations!" Your dad and I just looked at each other -a little surprised, but then realized she was talking about the new house. It was a little scary!

One more week and it won't be a secret anymore... everyone will be just as excited as we are for your arrival!

No comments: