Saturday, February 20, 2016

2016

So... let's just pretend that it's not almost 2 months into the new year and I probably didn't probably finish off 2015.  It's been a crazy few months, to say the least.

Let's start backwards.

School is going well.  You're very bright, sensitive, helpful and you are especially good at Math and reading.  You love learning new things and you're doing well with Spanish.  Your teachers really love you and you love learning new things and being with friends.  You haven't had a very easy time making new friends.  You easily get frustrated, and being an oldest child, I think you're a bit bossy and are used to getting your own way.  That doesn't always work during recess, but the last few weeks seem to be better.  Your biggest hurdle is slowing down and paying attention.  But, you catch on quick and still like reading at home.

We'll skip Disneyland, Christmas, and your birthday.  Because, those certainly deserve their own posts.

We moved to the new house 6 months ago.  I'm still working on getting your room decorated, but I'm pretty close, so I'll get pictures on here soon.  Everyone has their own room. We have a finished basement with a playroom/area.  Fully fenced  backyard, quiet road.  It's great.  The ward has a lot of boys your age.  I'm not sure how well you're doing fitting in at church.  The boys go to another school and a few are in 2nd grade too.  You start scouts at the end of the year, so I'm hoping that you'll get to know them better later on.

Your favorite things are your kindle, star wars (thanks to the new movie and Disneyland), and Minecraft.  You try to be helpful, can do your morning routine without any help and very few reminders.  You started playing tennis after school once a week, just for 5 weeks, I think you've only had two lessons.  The first day I asked how it went and you said you just played around and didn't do anything like tennis.  Although, then you talked about how you hit balls with racquets.  I'm guessing you guys just didn't use nets the first week.

You are still in music class, and progressing pretty nicely.  You don't like going, to be honest, but you seem to enjoy your time when you're there (I'm with you once a month) and you don't mind practicing (a bit).

That's pretty much it, so far.  I'm sorry that I haven't kept on the daily stuff lately, I'll try to do better.

No comments: