Friday, December 23, 2011

Last minute

I have one of these stories about a playskool shopping cart, so I thought I should write this down for posterity.

This week you started telling us (at least a few times a day) that you are so excited for Santa Clause and that he was going to bring you a diesel train.  You neglected to tell this to Santa up until this point.  In fact, you kind of just let Santa bring you whatever he knew you would like.  Dad and I talked it over, and since it didn't seem to be going away, I decided to do something about it.

Everyone knows the only place you can get a last minute request to Santa is Toys R Us (they have a direct line for him there).  I braced myself for a crazy parking lot, crazier store, and LONG lines.  I've heard the stories from moms and dads that have had similar experiences.

But to my surprise I parked right in front (it was a very full parking lot), got right to the area I needed to be in, and didn't even have to wait in any line to get out of the store (I stopped to get a few things in the babies r us section that we needed as well).  So, for at least this year, it seems like your last minute request will be honored.  It was actually harder to go grocery shopping at Target yesterday.

No comments: