Saturday, February 19, 2011

Buzz to the rescue

You're sick. It started Monday... you were a little off and seemed more tired than usual and by the afternoon it was official, you had a fever.

I thought it would just be another cold, you had a cough, runny nose, and the fever. But, by Wednesday, I was worried that it might be an ear infection. We took you in that night to see Dr. Cox (we actually took the whole family, since your sister was also sick). I was relieved to find out your ears were okay, but then she said you had pneumonia. That was a new one for me. She started your on two different antibiotics, and told us to be careful with Kate??? I was already trying to disinfect and wash in between touching the two of you, but that only helps so much. Plus, she was already sick.

I've only seen you that wiped out when we were in the hospital last year. On Thursday you slept ALL day long. I woke you up a few times in the morning so you could drink a bit, and brought you downstairs, but you asked to go back upstairs. I kept Tylenol and Motrin going, and tried it keep you hydrated. You slept until dad came home for a few minutes and brought you back downstairs. I think you stayed awake for an hour or so... but then went back upstairs. It was pretty sad.
You're feeling better now. You've moved into the super ornery stage. Fever is gone, but you don't have much of an appetite and the smallest little think absolutely sends you over the edge. Your sister and I both of colds, but have managed to stay away from anything serious. And your dad, as always is totally fine.

Also... your Grandma and Grandpa felt so bad for you, they brought you back a Buzz from their quick little vacation. So... I think you'll be fine.

This is you... waiting so patiently while dad gets Buzz out of his packaging. And... plays with him for a minute.


No comments: