Thursday, February 18, 2010

Can't take my eyes off of you

Today I went to the gym (and you went to the kids care) for an hour.

When you have to go to the day care (dad's out of town) I like going when it's not too busy. I also like watching in the camera. They have one camera that's set in one of the corners of the room, so you kind of come in and our of the shot.

Since you're too young to really play with other kids, you walk around and look at them. Especially the older ones, and especially when they have game boys, or as I'm sure you were referring them to as, 'buttons'. It makes the time go by quickly as I watch you, or stare at the TV waiting for you to come into view.

I could tell you were fine the whole time I was away, but as soon as I walked in to pick you up, you started crying. I'm sure you were having a good time and didn't really notice I wasn't around -until I suddenly was there. It was pretty cute.

************************************************************************************

Reason # 2 that I 'can't take my eyes off of you' happened after we got home from the gym. And HOW I wished I had my camera with me at that moment.

I was in the kitchen emptying the dishwasher and you were playing the piano. This isn't our normal arrangement, you're not normally out of your 'cage', or gate, when I'm not with you. I heard you playing, so I didn't think you were into anything you shouldn't be. Up until today you stand next to the piano and have never tried or at least succeeded in climbing anywhere.

I heard the music (or pounding) stop, so I hurried over to make sure you weren't climbing the stairs. You weren't. You were however, climbing. I found you on the key's of the piano, getting into the piano student treats. Just standing there as happy as you could be.

Man, I've got my work cut out for me for the next few years.

1 comment:

Annie said...

It's nice to know that there are other climbing, sneaking, brilliantly smart boys out there.