Thursday, April 16, 2009

Sleep-over

I'm actually getting a little teary-eyed just thinking about it.


Not because I'm worried about YOU.


But, I'm worried about me.


Relatively speaking, I think you're a pretty 'easy' baby.


But, even easy babies are pretty hard. And, with your cold the last few weeks, I haven't been able to sleep for even 3 hours in a row.


So, your Grandma Hardcastle offered to take you for a night.


A whole night.


A whole night of peace and quiet.


A whole night of sleep.


And I whole night without you.


I think you'll do fine. The three people (Grandma, Grandpa, and Aunt Jodi) that will be there to take care of you are definitely among the ones that have the patience, love, and ability to care for you (and any baby)... but it's still causing me a bit of anxiety.


I can't tell if these tears are from exhaustion or the thought of you not being right next to me. Probably both.


I may feel a little differently in a few hours when you want to be fed again. (And then again a couple hours after that).


But for now, I'm already missing you.


If only for a little bit.

1 comment:

Annie said...

You are both much more brave than me.

I'm terrified of the kid not being in the same space as me at night.

Maybe when he's...um 19 and at the MTC, I'll let him sleep away from home.

Glad to hear it went well and you survived though.