Tuesday, September 2, 2008

A new toy... for Justin

Justin and I went and registered at Babies R Us. I didn't really want to, but given the fact that we don't know what gender that baby is, I was persuaded by many friends to register for some basics.

When we signed up, the lady told us that if we put 100 items or more on the registry, they'd enter us in for a free drawing of stuff. We were lucky to get 25 items on the list. (I went back online and added a few more since then).

We did find this while we were there...
If you're smiling right now and thinking that this is an item for suckers and it can't possibly work, you're only partially right. It takes a fair amount of imagination to actually hear anything that sounds like a heartbeat. But... the microphone is pretty cool. We hooked it up to the computer and pumped some music into my stomach via small speakers and the baby went crazy. Either the baby really likes music, or it was pretty upset I was disturbing it with Mozart when he or she was trying to sleep.

No comments: